2020 is a special year for Harwich when the town remembers one of her most famous sons, Captain Christopher Jones, Master of the Mayflower, the ship that sailed to the America with the Mayflower Pilgrims in 1620.
This is a fascinating time in history and one that Harwich is proud to part of. So too The Pier, who have put together a special ‘Mayflower 1620’ menu to start our celebrations during 2020.
To mark the 400th anniversary of this historic sailing, the Mayflower 1620 menu is a celebration of local seafood, superb steak and wonderful wine.
BAKED SEAFOOD PLATTER – £16.20
- Harwich crab thermidor
- Baked scallop Rockafeller
- Garlic king prawns
- Crispy squid
- Skinny fries
300G SIRLOIN STEAK – £16.20
- Skinny Fries, field mushroom, baby gem with parmesan dressing and crispy onions
- Choice of perppercorn or bernaise sauce
- 1/2 litre carafe of Petit Chablis – £16.20 (La Chablisienne 2016, Burgundy France – or equivalent)
- 1/2 litre carafe of Malbec – £16.20 (Vista Flores, Catena 2016 Mendoza, Argentina – or equivalent)
The Mayflower 1620 menu is available at lunch and dinner, Monday to Friday, during January and February 2020 (excluding Friday 14th February).
Book a table online, call 01255 241212 or just pop in!
We hope you can celebrate 2020 with us at The Pier!