At last, it’s the beginning of December which means The Pier is able to re-open her doors once again! And there’s no better way to enjoy December and the run up to Christmas than The Pier’s special celebration menu.
The three course menu, which includes roast turkey and Christmas pudding (of course), is available all day, every day apart from Saturday until Thursday 24th December. When The Pier re-opens on the 2nd December, we will still be in Tier 2 which means only one household inside, but the good news is that we will be offering outside dining on the terrace. Spaces are limited and yes, you will be able to book the outside tables.
While we have made every effort to make the area warm and cosy with heaters, covers and fleece blankets, it is December so please dress for the weather – think more apres ski than summer evenings beside the harbour. This is a new idea for The Pier so book a table and don’t forget to wear your thermals!
The normal menu will also be available all through December as usual, so too Penelope’s Christmas Afternoon Tea every afternoon. There is definitely something for everyone at The Pier this December and of course, if the sun is shining there are great walks along the Promenade to Dovercourt and the Blue Flag beach!
Christmas Celebration Menu:
Enjoy a three course Christmas menu at The Pier this December for £25.00 per person, available all day Sunday to Friday.
- Cream of white onion soup, gruyere croutes, chives & black onion seeds
- House smoked salmon & salmon rillette, fennel & beetroot salad, horseradish cream
- Slow cooked ham hock terrine, chunky piccalilli & sourdough roll
- Roast Norfolk turkey, chestnut & sage stuffing, duck fat potatoes, pig in blanket, buttered sprouts, braised red cabbage, port & cranberry jus
- Braised feather blade of beef, pomme anna, mushroom ketchup, braised hispi cabbage & peppercorn sauce
- Beer battered fish & thick cut chips, mushy peas & tartare sauce
- Sage & potato gnocchi, butternut squash, crispy cavolo Nero & toasted pumpkin seeds
- Christmas Pudding, brandy custard & cranberry gel
- Chocolate orange choux au craquelin
- Ice cream sundae, caramel sauce, Chantilly & toasted nuts
As usual, there is no need to book at The Pier (apart from the outside tables) but do give them a call on 01255 241212 if you wish.
For more information on Tier 2, please click here.