If you love hiking and want to experience a unique combination of great views, countryside adventures, fresh sea air, luxury hotel rooms and delicious dining, then step into our ‘Walk The Milsom Way’ experience package.
Combine overnight stays in Dedham, Harwich and Kesgrave with a fantastic set of walks along parts of the famous Essex Way on day one.
During the three-day walk, you’ll discover the heart of Constable Country, the rivers Stour and Deben, the Church of St Mary the Virgin, Flatford Mill, Stour Estuary Nature Reserve, Manningtree, Mistley Towers, Furze Hill Woods, Wrabness Nature Reserve, Copperas Bay, Ramsey Windmill, Dovercourt Bay and Beach and Historic Harwich – to name but a few attractions along the way!
The terrain is mainly flat and comprising a combination of footpaths and country roads. If you decide to walk from Ramsey to The Pier, you will also be able to enjoy the North Sea Coast.
So pack your comfortable hiking boots, check into one of our Dedham hotels, pick up a guide map and let the adventure begin!
Walk The Milsom Way itinerary
- Check in from 3pm for an overnight stay at Milsoms Dedham or Talbooth House & Spa
- Dinner at Milsoms or Talbooth Restaurant
- Full buffet breakfast at Milsoms
- Suggested departure 10am to Ramsey following part of the The Essex Way into Dedham. Continue along to Flatford (Willy Lots cottage) through Mistley and arrive at Ramsey around 3pm
- Milsom team will collect you and drive you to The Pier in Harwich
- Check in, dinner and overnight stay at The Pier
- Breakfast at The Pier
- Suggested 10am departure, sailing with Harwich Harbour Ferry to Languard Fort and Felixstowe
- Walk along the coast and the river Deben to Waldringfield
- Milsom team to drive you to Milsoms Kesgrave Hall & Spa at your preferred collection time
- Dinner and an overnight stay at Milsoms Kesgrave Hall (your luggage will have been delivered in advance)
- Full buffet breakfast at Milsoms Kesgrave Hall before check-out
This experience is available from £500 per person, based on two sharing.
To book, please call 01206 322795 or email [email protected]
This is based on two people sharing, and is subject to availability. A £100 supplement applies if your stay includes a Saturday night.